What You Need To Know About Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning typically refers to cleaning different types of cooling and heating system components associated with forced-air systems. This includes the return and supply air ducts, registers, grilles, heat exchangers, cooling and heating coils, diffusers, drip pans (condensate drain pans), fan housing and fan motor.
In addition to how important it is to maintain a clean HVAC system, many business and homeowners are not usually aware that air duct cleaning is also an important requirement. By having your air ducts cleaned on a regular basis, you can improve the quality of your indoor air.
When Should You Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
If through either lab testing or from a visual-based inspection, you find any issues that we will mention below, it is definitely time to hire a contractor that provides air duct cleaning services and maintenance:
- The presence of insects or rodents- Through the small openings you probably are not expecting to find, pests that have not only entered but are now living in your air ducts. Over and above the air-duct cleaning service it is also a good idea to patch up the entry points when you discover an infestation.
- Mold growth inside the cooling or heating ducts- Persistent humidity often results in mold growing inside your air ducts. This is typically easy to detect by the musty smell and a dark coating which has built up over the surfaces of the ducts.
- The ducts are clogged with debris and particles- Naturally, dirt, dust, or any other particles will start to accumulate in the ducts which can impede the air-flow in the ducts.
Benefits Of Air Duct Cleaning:
There are a number of benefits associated with professional air duct cleaning services.
Here are some of the most important ones:
- Create A Living Environment That Is Cleaner
- Clean air ducts lower the amount of dust and debris that would still be circulating around your livings spaces, which usually settles on your furniture, floors, and workspaces.
- Reduces Irritants And Allergens
- Air ducts also often contain contaminants that are harmful along with micro-organisms. This usually includes bacteria, mildew, pet dander, mold spores, along with other toxins that are similar.
Regular air-duct cleaning services assist with removing these harmful contaminants.
This is even more important for people that suffer from allergies or respiratory issues.
- Helps Everyone In Your Home To Breathe Easier
Even if your family is healthy and no one suffers from respiratory problems or allergies, air that is cleaner will make it much easier for every person in your home to breathe. Air-duct cleaning helps to promote a comfortable indoor environment.
- Removes Unpleasant Odors And Smells
Food preparation, paint fumes, pets, tobacco use, and even cleaning agents can all contribute towards stale odors in your air ducts. Each time the air conditioner or furnace runs, these smells usually flow through your home repeatedly. An air-duct clean will remove the odor-trapping particles, and leave your home smelling much fresher and more hygienic